Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » v3 Admin Interface - High Utilization
v3 Admin Interface - High Utilization [message #1701] Sat, 12 May 2007 13:16
WaveJam
Hi..

I noticed the other night that my NST (v3) server was experiencing a high utilization problem. The CPU was pegged at 100%. I usually leave the NST interface up and running on the log screen. When I shut down the interface (leaving the NST service running), the CPU util dropped to 4% and stayed there. Are there any known issues here? Should I not keep the interface running always?

I also noticed that the log screen was not scrolling down to the most current email transaction, I had to scroll down to see the most current inbound emails. This doesn't happen always. Just when I was experiencing the high util.

Not sure if these two things are related. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks...

WaveJam Technologies, LLC.
Frederick, MD. USA
www.wavejam.com
Re: v3 Admin Interface - High Utilization [message #1702 is a reply to message #1701] Sat, 12 May 2007 14:05 Go to previous message
support
> I noticed the other night that my NST (v3) server was
> experiencing a high utilization problem. The CPU was pegged at
> 100%. I usually leave the NST interface up and running on the
> log screen. When I shut down the interface (leaving the NST
> service running), the CPU util dropped to 4% and stayed there.
> Are there any known issues here?

It could be something as simple as Windows having trouble keeping up with the screen updates once the log buffer is to large. We will reduce the backlog buffer size with the next release.
There still might be a bug, so if this happens again, check in the task manager if it is the service or the admin app that causes the 100% CPU utilization, or something else entirely, and maybe send us your log files by mail.

> Should I not keep the interface running always?

There is no reason why you shouldn't.
>
> I also noticed that the log screen was not scrolling down to
> the most current email transaction, I had to scroll down to see
> the most current inbound emails. This doesn't happen always.
> Just when I was experiencing the high util.
>
> Not sure if these two things are related. Just thought I'd
> throw it out there.

We appreciate all your feedback, because it helps us to improve our products.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: v3 Admin Interface - High Utilization [message #1703 is a reply to message #1702] Tue, 15 May 2007 12:20 Go to previous message
WaveJam
Looks like the same thing happened. I found the Admin log screen sitting at the very top (had to scroll all the way down to see the most current transactions). Task manager said that the nospamtodayadmin.exe had 100% of the cpu. I killed the admin interface and the cpu returned to a low level. During this time it seems the nst service was doing fine, the emails kept flowing. So, from my point of view its obviously the admin interface. Once this happens again, I'll send over the logs. Could you please let me know which logs/files you would want to see?

Thanks...

WaveJam Technologies, LLC.
Frederick, MD. USA
www.wavejam.com
Re: v3 Admin Interface - High Utilization [message #1704 is a reply to message #1703] Tue, 15 May 2007 12:43 Go to previous message
support
I suppose noSPAMtoday.log (in the installation directory) would be sufficient, and maybe a screenshot.

Please mail everything to nstsupport@byteplant.com.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Top Recipients Report
Next Topic: V3: Is there a way to show the SpamAssassin ratings in the log?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 27 07:19:19 CEST 2016