Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » NST watching 2 ports?
NST watching 2 ports? [message #1631] Tue, 16 January 2007 21:56
transporter_ii
Ummm, I'm looking at installing NST on an Exchange Server 2003 setup. We have some users who use ISPs that block all outbound port 25 traffic, so I setup Exchange to monitor 2 ports. After reading the install documents for NST today, I didn't see anything in it about being able to monitor 2 ports at the same time. Is this possible with NST?

Off hand, I'm thinking if not, there could be some port forwarding rules to send the other port to port 25, but that is something I would rather not do if there was a way to avoid it.

Could you start two copies of NST to each watch its own port...and if you can, how are the licenses handled in this situation?

Thanks,

JB
Re: NST watching 2 ports? [message #1632 is a reply to message #1631] Wed, 17 January 2007 10:35 Go to previous message
support
You can create two SMTP proxy ports ("Proxy Setup -> Add SMTP Proxy..."), listening on different ports.
The recipient addresses used by all ports are added up and counted against the license.

Post Edited (01-17-07 10:41)

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: NST watching 2 ports? [message #1633 is a reply to message #1632] Wed, 17 January 2007 15:32 Go to previous message
transporter_ii
Thanks for the info. After thinking about it, the chances of getting Spam on a non-standard port are pretty slim, unless it was one of our employees doing the spamming . Smile But it is good to know that if there is a problem, it could be done.

Thanks,

JB
Previous Topic: Thoughts on blocking "hot stock" messages
Next Topic: finding a rule
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 11:28:01 CET 2016