Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Passing through a domain
Passing through a domain [message #1627] Mon, 15 January 2007 06:56
nickvn
I currently have all emails filtered through the spam/antivirus server (using nospamtoday) and then passes the emails over to the actual email server, located on another machine.
Both machines share the same IP address behind a router.

I will be adding another domain to the email server, however this company has filtering through another provider and do not wish to change, so I need to basically "pass through" all emails through NST without checking them, AND, above all, not be included into the license I currently have.

So my question is, is it possible to allow the domain using the master SMTP configuration, however if it does not use any of the filters (ie, I exclude this domain from all filters), will it bypass the license and not filter any of the emails?

if not, any chance of releasing a patch that can do this?

I would like to take this client on, however I cannot charge them for a service they do not wish to use.... and I don't want to be the one to have to fork out a higher license for them to not use the filtering service.
Re: Passing through a domain [message #1628 is a reply to message #1627] Mon, 15 January 2007 14:39 Go to previous message
support
> I currently have all emails filtered through the spam/antivirus
> server (using nospamtoday) and then passes the emails over to
> the actual email server, located on another machine.
> Both machines share the same IP address behind a router.
>
> I will be adding another domain to the email server, however
> this company has filtering through another provider and do not
> wish to change, so I need to basically "pass through" all
> emails through NST without checking them, AND, above all, not
> be included into the license I currently have.
>
>
> So my question is, is it possible to allow the domain using the
> master SMTP configuration, however if it does not use any of
> the filters (ie, I exclude this domain from all filters), will
> it bypass the license and not filter any of the emails?

In the NST Admin wizard on the "Configuration" tab, double-click on the first filter in the chain.
Enter the recipient addresses or domains you want to exclude from filtering into the "Address Patterns to Disable Filter" list.
Remember to activate "Use Same Address Settings As Previous Filter" in each subsequent filter.

Post Edited (01-15-07 14:40)

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Passing through a domain [message #1629 is a reply to message #1627] Fri, 19 January 2007 10:05 Go to previous message
nickvn
ok, I thought about that, but wasn't sure.

I initially just had every email address that is to be accepted, running through SMTP PROXY, and had each filter to check all on receive...

I now have no email addresses in the SMTP proxy, so it allows all - however, have copied all checking email addresses into the first filter, etc like you've mentioned.

Will monitor it and see how things go.

Thanks!
Previous Topic: Reject/delete dosen't work (not all the Time)
Next Topic: Thoughts on blocking "hot stock" messages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 26 07:22:06 CEST 2016