Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Sorting the last few emails...
Sorting the last few emails... [message #1612] Fri, 22 December 2006 13:25
davidc
I've recently installed NST and its great, blocking about 89% of all email traffic. There are still a few emails getting through - does anyone have recommendations on how to deal with these?

I've got the email server set to only allow existing email addresses etc.

Thanks
David
Re: Sorting the last few emails... [message #1613 is a reply to message #1612] Fri, 22 December 2006 21:47 Go to previous message
Heidner
1) Look at the scores for the spam e-mails that make it through. The scoring information is included in the headers of the e-mails.

2) Make adjustments based on YOUR observations of the most common reasons why mail is making it through. You can make adjustments to both NST -- and the spamassassin rules (see the doc directory in the "SA" folder of NST).

3) You can make spamassassin more effective in some cases by scoring some items higher - for example I put higher scores on e-mails with dates in the future, or e-mails that are on the RBL's.

4) The default scores that NST and spamassassinn setup are normally pretty good - spamassassins are based on a large database of spams they have assembled -- but you can still improve it for your needs by some tuning. Don't be afraid to experiment.

There are also additional tools that various users have contributed to the NST effort -- check the user contribution library...
Previous Topic: Few questions about the delay filter:
Next Topic: Version 3.0?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 15:29:50 CET 2016