Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » License count reached
License count reached [message #1550] Wed, 01 November 2006 22:29
RandallRash
It appears that once the license count is reached, NST stops filtering ALL e-mail. Is this correct? It should at least remember the e-mail addresses that were used in "license counting" and filter those.
Re: License count reached [message #1551 is a reply to message #1550] Thu, 02 November 2006 10:32 Go to previous message
support
> It appears that once the license count is reached, NST stops
> filtering ALL e-mail. Is this correct? It should at least
> remember the e-mail addresses that were used in "license
> counting" and filter those.

NoSpamToday! keeps a list of recipient addresses it has already seen.
If a recipient address matches an entry in this list, and if your mail server accepts this recipient address, it counts against the number of licensed addresses.
Recipient addresses in excess of the licensed count are not checked for spam.
You can also explicitly specify a list of recipient addresses (or address patterns) where spam checking is enabled.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: License count reached [message #1552 is a reply to message #1551] Fri, 12 January 2007 12:43 Go to previous message
FoX
>You can also explicitly specify a list of recipient addresses (or address patterns) where spam checking is enabled.

I've got the same problem, but I can't reach how to define the scanned email list.. Can you hel me?

tnks
Ale
Re: License count reached [message #1553 is a reply to message #1552] Mon, 15 January 2007 14:36 Go to previous message
support
> >You can also explicitly specify a list of recipient addresses
> (or address patterns) where spam checking is enabled.
>
> I've got the same problem, but I can't reach how to define the
> scanned email list.. Can you hel me?

In the NST Admin wizard on the "Configuration" tab, double-click on the first filter in the chain.
Enter the recipient addresses you want to filter mails for into the "Address Patterns to Enable Filter" list.
Remember to activate "Use Same Address Settings As Previous Filter" in each subsequent filter.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: License count reached [message #1554 is a reply to message #1550] Tue, 16 January 2007 11:27 Go to previous message
Jon
I find this sometimes happens when we're being Joe Job'd - so many "bounces" are arriving with random mail addresses that it eats up the available licenses. I've had to resort to setting up a Scheduled Task to restart NST nightly to get round this.

Jon
Re: License count reached [message #1555 is a reply to message #1554] Tue, 16 January 2007 17:17 Go to previous message
support
It is preferable not to accept undeliverable mail at all, and to bounce it immediately.

This reduces the load on your server, and there is no "backscatter" (caused by your server trying to send a delivery-failure to some innocent 3rd party whose address has been used as the sender address).

See here for instructions how to configure your server:

http://www.byteplant.com/support/nospamtoday/howtorejectexchange.html

If your mail server can not be configured to reject undeliverable mail, you can use the "Open Relay Protection" feature in the NoSpamToday! Admin wizard to restrict the set of recipient addresses to those you really want.
The address list can be configured on the third page of the SMTP proxy wizard.

Post Edited (01-17-07 12:33)

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: License count reached [message #1556 is a reply to message #1555] Wed, 27 June 2007 08:06 Go to previous message
Chris.Marsh

support wrote:

> See here for instructions how to configure your server:
>
> http://www.byteplant.com/support/nospamtoday/howtorejectexchange.html
>

Great Tip, We had this issue and this has sorted it out...

Thanks

Regards

Chris
Previous Topic: Honeypot mail addresses
Next Topic: Mailstorage message too large
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 28 15:38:11 CEST 2016