Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Prevent NST from scanning
Prevent NST from scanning [message #1440] Sat, 13 May 2006 11:39
sd1401
Hi there,

I'm using the freeware edition of NST for Servers, where in every mail this Freeware-Edition note appears.

Now I have an email account on my mail server which is processed automatically by scripts, and they get confused by this notice.
Since my scripts do not process any mail from foreign senders, I don't need Spam scanning.

Can I configure NST such that it completely ignores mails that are sent to this account? If I type this account's mail address in the "Address Patterns to Disable Filter" field, the Freeware-Edition notice will nevertheless be appended to the mail.

Any hints or ideas (except from buying the full license)?

Thanx,
sd1401

Re: Prevent NST from scanning [message #1441 is a reply to message #1440] Sun, 14 May 2006 01:05 Go to previous message
Heidner
The freeware nag is one of the prices you pay in exchange for using freeware. Every freeware product I've ever used does that.

You could look at your scripts and see about making them a little more robust so they do not get confused.

As for not needed spam scanning... spammers are not located in just one country or continent. I see spam from North America, Asia, Europe, and Africa and Austrillia. Only continent that I haven't seen spam from is Antartica!, I'd probably save the later and frame it!

The freeware nag occurs early if you use any of the NST filters. Price of NST for small networks isn't horrible - I'd talk to Sales at Byteplant and see what they can do. Supporting the vendors by buying the products if you like it is one way to keep them in business....
Previous Topic: Do not accept non-existing email
Next Topic: How to solve Webproxy-Problem with status Mails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 17:00:12 CET 2016