Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Point allocated to the AWL
Point allocated to the AWL [message #1328] Tue, 22 November 2005 20:55
Bloody Mary
How can I adjust the points that are allocated to addresses on the AWL?

Also, how can I adjust the points added to messages on the honeypot addresses in my spam trap?

I am asking because I have my spamassassin set up to delete completely anymessages that score greater than 20... messages that score greater than 9.0 are marked as spam, but I still pass through, just incase they are valid.

I would like to set the points allocated from the honeypot addresses of my spam trap filter to 50 or higher.

and I would like to set the addresses that end up on the AWL to receive a -99 score... so they will never be marked as spam.

Please help.

Thank you in advance...

Network Administrator
Bohl Equipment Co.
Re: Point allocated to the AWL [message #1329 is a reply to message #1328] Wed, 23 November 2005 06:09 Go to previous message
Heidner
If the spam trap filter is setup correctly - it is all automatic.

You can check the settings and make adjustments by clicking on the spam trap filter and "checking" the little box for "spam assassin experts only".

1. The honey pot addresss for you spam trap are set in the filter. Only e-mails to the specific addresses are reviewed by the spam trap -- all others are passed thru.

2. Any e-mail sent to the honey pot addresses are immediately used to train spam assassin such that future e-mails that look similar will also be considered spam.

3. In the action filter action - you should set it to "accept & delete" this way you don't tip off the spammers that you are learning their junk mail. But you also do not pass on the junk to your mail server.

4. The spam filter can precede the spam assassin filter. This eliminates the cpu cycles to example known spam - it also means that the AWL settings are trained to accept junk mail accidently. No sense in looking at a spam that you just learned!

5. The spam assassin bayes filter also looks at the addresses when it learns. Any mail sent to the spam trap will teach the spam asassin bayes engine that e-mails with siimlar combinations of names, mail routes, keywords, etc are likely to be spam.

6. Then you can edit your local.cf file in the sa\rules to increase the points given when the spam assassin bayes filter says the items are spam.
Previous Topic: Service does not start
Next Topic: address already in use
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 15:38:12 CET 2016