Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Daily reports
Daily reports [message #1169] Thu, 30 June 2005 14:04
ncudmore

Well got everything work bar the daily report. Seems there isn't an easy way to setup an authorised e-mail account as the sender. I set my mail server (Domino 6.5.4) to only relay on authenticated addresses. But I can't find a way of setting a password for the daily reports, so they are being blocked by the Domino server.

Even tried setting the mail sender to ( support@byteplant.com) but I get a socket connect failed when I test this address.

Any ideas round this one?
Re: Daily reports [message #1170 is a reply to message #1169] Mon, 04 July 2005 17:15 Go to previous message
support
> Well got everything work bar the daily report. Seems there
> isn't an easy way to setup an authorised e-mail account as the
> sender. I set my mail server (Domino 6.5.4) to only relay on
> authenticated addresses. But I can't find a way of setting a
> password for the daily reports, so they are being blocked by
> the Domino server.

I guess if the recipient address had been local, your server would have accepted the daily mail, because in this case you would not be relaying. If you want the mail to go out to some off-site domain, try setting up a server rule or alias that forwards the admin mail off-site.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Daily reports [message #1171 is a reply to message #1170] Mon, 04 July 2005 17:33 Go to previous message
ncudmore

Reports are intended for a local address, but this isn't working.

Seems Iím a victim of my own success in setting up the domino server, since the domino server knows itís not sending the mail, and it appears to be coming from an inside account i.e. report to "postmaster@newashgreen.net" from "nst@newashgreen.net". So the server is knows it should be an authenticated relay as it the client was a pop/smtp client and not a Notes client.

I tried sending to postmaster@newashgreen.net from support@byteplant.com and the server checks and knows the mail isnít coming from byteplant.com so rejects it. Hence, the problem. To send to postmaster@newashgreen.net it would require a valid account and password for an authenticated email.
Re: Daily reports [message #1172 is a reply to message #1171] Thu, 07 July 2005 19:55 Go to previous message
Heidner
Many e-mail servers allow you to "trust" either specific e-mail senders by IP or by senders name - without requiring authentification. Does Notes have such a feature.

Or you could tell notes to allow relaying at least for your domain- use NST to block relayling on port 25, but make sure the tcp port for the mail server is blocked at your firewall so hackers can sneak through that way.
Previous Topic: Relaying Mail from Internal Machines
Next Topic: License Counting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 03:13:03 CET 2016