Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Ads in Outgoing Messages
Ads in Outgoing Messages [message #1157] Mon, 20 June 2005 15:55
Techpriest
I am a computer tech and have an e-mail server in my home so I can test products and settings before I put them on my customers live servers. My wife and I are the only ones that get e-mail through this server. When a customer asked me to find them a SPAM filter I tried a few and settled on NST as the best in it's price range. I loaded the free version on my server so I could learn to use it before I had my customer order their full version.

I am willing to look at the in-coming ads in order to have the software local to learn on. What I can't figure out is how ads are being placed in my outgoing messages. When I send a message it should go from my PC to my mail server software. It then sends it to the destination server on the web, so how come they all contain an ad stating "Mail was checked for spam by the Freeware Edition of No Spam Today!"? The mail was not supposed to be checked, why would I check outgoing mail for spam? Is this behaviour by design or do I have something configured wrong?

Thanks!
Re: Ads in Outgoing Messages [message #1158 is a reply to message #1157] Wed, 22 June 2005 03:29 Go to previous message
Techpriest
I solved my problem and thought I would post answer in case others had similar issues later.

I have NST set to answer port 25. I have mail server set to answer port 26.

I went into my account in Outlook and changed it to send mail to port 26. I closed and reopened Outlook. I kept checking settings and it said port 26 so I was not understanding why NST, on 25, was touching my mail. Turns out it said 26 but was still on 25.

When I went...

File, Exit and Log Off

...instead of just closing Outlook with the X the change took effect and my outgoing mail no longer has the ads.
Previous Topic: Moving NST to a new server.
Next Topic: Forwarding stored Mails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 28 22:29:36 CEST 2016