Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Application Errors since upgrade
Application Errors since upgrade [message #1146] Thu, 09 June 2005 23:07
Shinare
Since upgradeing to the latest version, I keep getting application errors in spamassassin once or twice a week. It doesnt seem to kill nospamtoday, or actually prevent receiving emails, but it does keep popping up. I accedentally clicked "OK" this last time it did it out of habbit, but I was going to write down the exact information. I will include it here when it happens again.

Any ideas?
Re: Application Errors since upgrade [message #1147 is a reply to message #1146] Sun, 12 June 2005 21:00 Go to previous message
ScubaCat
I second that. I've received one so far.
Re: Application Errors since upgrade [message #1148 is a reply to message #1147] Tue, 14 June 2005 15:36 Go to previous message
support
If you ever capture this problem again, please send us more info at nstsupport@byteplant.com.

Also, it would be interesting to know from which earlier version you updated, and what operating system you use.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Application Errors since upgrade [message #1149 is a reply to message #1146] Tue, 14 June 2005 17:37 Go to previous message
Shinare
I believe it was an upgrade from 2.0.1.4 but I am not sure. It could have been from 2.0.4.x. The operating system is Windows NT 4.0. I have not received the error since writing the above post, but I believe I am still having a problem. Users are complaining that they receive outside emails 6-12 hours after the sender sent the email, sometimes even longer than that. This seems to happen only occasionally, but often enough that I am getting complaints about it. I cant help but to think that these two problems might be related. Infact one user stated to me that they were having a back-and-forth email conversation when suddenly there was no response to a question she asked the outside person. the next day there were several emails from that person waiting for her in her email box to the tune of "hello? are you there? why arent you answering" type of things. Those emails took over 14 hours to get to her from the time her friend sent them to the time they were delivered to her inbox.

I am rebooting the server now, something I usually do once a week but it has not taken place for a couple weeks. Hopefully this will clear up the delay problem.
Re: Application Errors since upgrade [message #1150 is a reply to message #1149] Tue, 14 June 2005 19:19 Go to previous message
support
Shinare wrote:

> Users are complaining that they receive outside emails 6-12
> hours after the sender sent the email, sometimes even longer
> than that. This seems to happen only occasionally, but often
> enough that I am getting complaints about it.

This can be the sender's problem, but it can also be a load problem on your server, like when you are being swamped by delivery failure notices caused by a virus that used your mail address as sender address.

If this happens again, please send us your (detailed) logs (nstsupport@byteplant.com) so we can have a look.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Application Errors since upgrade [message #1151 is a reply to message #1146] Mon, 20 June 2005 15:13 Go to previous message
Shinare
It happened again sometime this weekend. When I got here this morning, this message was on the screen:

spamassassin.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x78991637" referenced memory at "0x01a21000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on "OK" to terminate the application.
Click on "Cancel" to debug the application.

I am not sure what log to send you. I will send what I think is the log you are looking for.
Previous Topic: Windows 2000 Cluster
Next Topic: Version 2.0.6.2 is amazing!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 20:50:52 CET 2016