Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Bare LF problem
Bare LF problem [message #1106] Mon, 25 April 2005 13:49
ninad
Most of our servers are based on Qmail, which does not accept the bare lf generated by mails sent from No Spam SMTP proxy.

When I use the Test option from Global Settings to any of my qmail servers, I get an error thrown by qmail which directs you to http://smtpd.develooper.com/barelf.html

As per the URL, this is due to NST SMTP Proxy not following 822bis section 2.3, which specifically prohibits all bare LFs.

Any fixes on this?

Regards,
Ninad

P.S.: I have found it working without any issue with Exim
Re: Bare LF problem [message #1107 is a reply to message #1106] Tue, 26 April 2005 04:41 Go to previous message
Heidner
Can you capture the incoming message and really verify that NST really is sending bare LF's? It seems strange because so many of us other users should have been seeing some of the same problems.
Re: Bare LF problem [message #1108 is a reply to message #1107] Tue, 26 April 2005 11:39 Go to previous message
support
You can instruct the attachment filter to reject all mails with line break errors, such as bare LFs, bare CRs, or lines longer than 1000 characters. If you don't, the mail is passed through as is.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Server question
Next Topic: IP used to deliver to outgoing server...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 12:48:17 CET 2016