Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » delivered to postmaster
delivered to postmaster [message #1091] Thu, 07 April 2005 18:16
Tony2
Hi all,

got a query - don't know if it's supposed to work this way or not. I received something like a newsletter in HTML format, and it get's accepted by NST without any problem - in the log it says accept/deliver - but then it gets delivered to the postmaster email mailbox instead of the intended recipient.

In the attachment filter, i've got html files as blocked (i assume this merely removes the attached files).

Am i wrong? what could be causing this behaviour? any help would be great, thanks

Anthony

Re: delivered to postmaster [message #1092 is a reply to message #1091] Fri, 08 April 2005 14:02 Go to previous message
support
> got a query - don't know if it's supposed to work this way or
> not. I received something like a newsletter in HTML format, and
> it get's accepted by NST without any problem - in the log it
> says accept/deliver - but then it gets delivered to the
> postmaster email mailbox instead of the intended recipient.
>
> In the attachment filter, i've got html files as blocked (i
> assume this merely removes the attached files).

Yes, this applies to attachments only.

> Am i wrong? what could be causing this behaviour? any help
> would be great, thanks

Some newsletter software is slightly buggy, not generating MIME-conformant mails. You can view those mails with most clients without any problem, but NoSpamToday!'s attachment filter is very picky when it encounters MIME syntax problems in header fields that have something to do with attachments, such as the content-type and content-disposition fields. An error here, and the mail is out.

If your error policy is reject/redirect, such messages are delivered to postmaster, unless you configure another account to receive redirected mail.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: newbie
Next Topic: NST skipping check when CC addresses are not in license list?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 28 07:03:51 CEST 2016