Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » newbie
newbie [message #1089] Thu, 31 March 2005 11:16
Tony2
Messages: 2
Registered: March 2005
Junior Member
Just testing the trial version at the moment and need some info and advice if possible.

We're running the NST on a Celeron 2.5 ghz with 256mb of ram, Win XP Prof - i haven't found any hardware min spec for NST - would this surfice, or would more ram be preferable?

Also, I've set the auto Reject and Delete setting to 5.7 and the other setting to 12.0 (as was advised on one of the posts, but I have to ask, which is higher? 5.7 or 12.0? I can only find entries that 5.0 is aggressive, but what's passive?

Having set it at this level i received some emails, but then gradually found that more and more emails (even ones that had been previously let through) were being tagged as SPAM - even when they were abviously not - and been rejected.

And finally, after having made each policy change to a filter do i have to restart the services? or will NST automatically apply the changes made?

Sorry but i really can't find any info on these questions, hope someone can give me a few pointers!

thanks

anthony
Re: newbie [message #1090 is a reply to message #1089] Thu, 31 March 2005 18:25 Go to previous message
support
Messages: 918
Registered: April 2004
Senior Member
Tony2 wrote:

> Just testing the trial version at the moment and need some
> info and advice if possible.
>
> We're running the NST on a Celeron 2.5 ghz with 256mb of ram,
> Win XP Prof - i haven't found any hardware min spec for NST -
> would this surfice, or would more ram be preferable?

It depends on the traffic you have to handle. With this configuration, you will be able to filter around 1500 messages per hour. With Windows XP, more RAM is always nice.
>
> Also, I've set the auto Reject and Delete setting to 5.7 and
> the other setting to 12.0 (as was advised on one of the posts,
> but I have to ask, which is higher? 5.7 or 12.0? I can only
> find entries that 5.0 is aggressive, but what's passive?
>
> Having set it at this level i received some emails, but then
> gradually found that more and more emails (even ones that had
> been previously let through) were being tagged as SPAM - even
> when they were abviously not - and been rejected.

The more spammier the mail, the higher the score. So decreasing the threshold is even more aggressive. Passive is in the range of 6.0 to 7.5.

> And finally, after having made each policy change to a filter
> do i have to restart the services? or will NST automatically
> apply the changes made?

It depends. Changes in the SpamAssassin config are applied immediately after finishing the wizard. Other changes are applied only when you choose to.



Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Not changing the subject
Next Topic: delivered to postmaster
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Sep 25 02:17:24 CEST 2016