Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » How to use with IMAIL Server
How to use with IMAIL Server [message #1026] Mon, 07 February 2005 08:32
netpiper
Messages: 2
Registered: February 2005
Junior Member
I tried installing NO SPAM TODAY SMTP PROXY on my web server which has IMAIL running. I configured all settings ( on port 25, outgoing netpiper.com port 25) and when i try to start the service it says "COULD NOT START".

But actually the service is started at the backend. Now when I try sending emails to this domain (www.netpiper.com) from my local machine using outlook, I am not able to connect. It is rejecting the SMTP. What should I do?

can anyone tell me the step by step process of how I can install NO SPAM TODAY on my machine which has IMAIL SERVER running. Your help will be highly appreciated.

NOTE: I have installed No Spam Today! SMTP Proxy 2.0.3.2

thanks in advance



Post Edited (02-07-05 08:34)
Re: How to use with IMAIL Server [message #1027 is a reply to message #1026] Mon, 07 February 2005 11:52 Go to previous message
support
Messages: 919
Registered: April 2004
Senior Member
> I tried installing NO SPAM TODAY SMTP PROXY on my web server
> which has IMAIL running. I configured all settings ( > services> on port 25, outgoing netpiper.com port 25) and when i
> try to start the service it says "COULD NOT START".

You can't have two processes (Imail and NoSpamToday!) listening on the same port ("" includes the interface of netpiper.com). One of them needs to use either another IP address, or another port.

If you haven't already, please read the installation chapter of the manual, there are general step-by-step setup instructions.



Post Edited (02-08-05 15:58)


Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: How to use with IMAIL Server [message #1028 is a reply to message #1027] Mon, 07 February 2005 13:55 Go to previous message
netpiper
Messages: 2
Registered: February 2005
Junior Member
thanks a lot for your reply. I have few concerns after installing the SPAM TODAY! using different IP address and same port (25).

I have given the IP as follows:

216.122.149.236:25 --> 216.122.144.122:25. Here 216.122.149.236:25 is an IP that I have not used for any web site or email domain. 216.122.144.122 is my main machine IP. Also, I have multiple email domains on this same machine - some uses static IPs and some uses Virtual IPs (IMAIL SERVER). Will SPAM TODAY! scan all emails coming to all this domains? After starting the service, I am still getting spam emails without marking them as SPAM, which is the subject tag I gave in the settings...

Please help. Also tell me if this software will expire after some time?
Re: How to use with IMAIL Server [message #1029 is a reply to message #1028] Wed, 09 February 2005 12:16 Go to previous message
support
Messages: 919
Registered: April 2004
Senior Member
> 216.122.149.236:25 --> 216.122.144.122:25. Here
> 216.122.149.236:25 is an IP that I have not used for any web
> site or email domain. 216.122.144.122 is my main machine IP.
> Also, I have multiple email domains on this same machine - some
> uses static IPs and some uses Virtual IPs (IMAIL SERVER).

If you do not want to change the MX records of all these domains, it will probably be easiest to have NoSpamToday! listen on port 25, and Imail e.g. on port 26.

> Will
> SPAM TODAY! scan all emails coming to all this domains? After
> starting the service, I am still getting spam emails without
> marking them as SPAM, which is the subject tag I gave in the
> settings...

NoSpamToday! will scan all domains. To check if NoSpamToday! has "seen" a message, check the received headers of the mails you get. If there is no received line from NoSpamToday!, it was bypassed in your setup.
>
> Please help. Also tell me if this software will expire after
> some time?

The trial version will stop checking after 30 days. The commercial and freeware versions never expire.



Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Majors problems with new version.
Next Topic: Licensing scheme
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Dec 03 22:48:20 CET 2016