Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » skip size exceeded
skip size exceeded [message #1001] Fri, 07 January 2005 20:01
rpenrose
Hello -

I keep getting skip size exceeded when people are sending large attachments. I am not using the attachment filter just SpamAssassin.

Any help??

What is causing this? How can I change the size?

Thanks

--Ryan
Re: skip size exceeded [message #1002 is a reply to message #1001] Mon, 10 January 2005 11:48 Go to previous message
support
Not to worry, it is just that SpamAssassin does not look at this mail any more, because it is too large.

You can increase the skip size (check "advanced options" at the start of the SpamAssassin filter configuration dialog), but you shouldn't.

SpamAssassin resource usage grows exponentially with message size, and it is recommended to check no mails larger than 256k.

See also: http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: skip size exceeded [message #1003 is a reply to message #1002] Mon, 10 January 2005 15:31 Go to previous message
rpenrose
Thanks for the info.

I have an address that keeps sending emails and I get a message skip size exceeded but the mail never comes in. Is it the program killing the message?
Re: skip size exceeded [message #1004 is a reply to message #1003] Tue, 11 January 2005 17:53 Go to previous message
support
> I have an address that keeps sending emails and I get a
> message skip size exceeded but the mail never comes in. Is it
> the program killing the message?

To find out what's happening, turn on detailed logging (if you haven't already). Make sure the failed transfer is logged. If the log is not self-explaining, please send nospamtoday.log (or the interesting part of that file) to nstsupport@byteplant.com (no need to post it in public).

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: Filter settings with multiple proxies.
Next Topic: Threshold Settings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 04:49:15 CET 2016