Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Server Talk » Daily Admin Mail
Daily Admin Mail [message #916] Thu, 02 December 2004 21:27
Branin
I'm running the 2.0.1.4 Trial version and am not receiving the Daily Admin Mails. I ran 2.0.1.3 Trial (or whatever the version before 2.0.1.4 was) for about a week and received the Daily Admin Mails every night at midnight. I then removed 2.0.1.3 Trial and installed 2.0.1.4 Trial a few days ago and have not received any Daily Admin Mails.

I have all the settings (Mail Server / Mail Recipient / Mail Sender) the same as 2.0.1.3, yet don't receive the mails. If I click on the Test button, I _do_ receive the test emails, so I know the configuration is correct.

I have been restarting the NoSpamTodayService service a few times a day for unrelated issues. It is possible that this is the problem? Does the service need to run for 24 hours straight before it will send the Daily Admin Mail?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Re: Daily Admin Mail [message #917 is a reply to message #916] Mon, 06 December 2004 10:32 Go to previous message
support
> Any ideas?

None. The daily admin mail is sent at midnight, provided the service is running at this time. The latest version just fixes some configuration issues.

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Re: Daily Admin Mail [message #918 is a reply to message #917] Tue, 07 December 2004 03:02 Go to previous message
Branin
New info: I have left the service running nonstop for several days now, but am still not receiving the daily admin mail.

Are there any known bugs regarding the Daily Admin Mail with the latest version of No Spam Today? Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is anyone actually receiving the Daily Admin Mails with this version?

For what it is worth, I have received approval and the purchasing authority to purchase a 50 user version of the software, pending resolution of this issue.

Thank you.
Re: Daily Admin Mail [message #919 is a reply to message #918] Tue, 07 December 2004 15:00 Go to previous message
support
> New info: I have left the service running nonstop for
> several days now, but am still not receiving the daily admin
> mail.
>
> Are there any known bugs regarding the Daily Admin Mail with
> the latest version of No Spam Today? Is anyone else
> experiencing this problem? Is anyone actually receiving the
> Daily Admin Mails with this version?

The answers to your questions are: No, maybe, and yes.

The code used to send mail is identical in both the admin applet and the NoSpamToday! service.

One user reported that NoSpamToday! stopped at midnight, we were able to find out that the "include update information" option was causing the problem.

Please check the following:

- what is your admin mail server setting? In most cases it will be something like :.

- does the update check work? (run 'Check for updates' from the help menu of the admin applet). The update check tries to connect to our webserver (port 80) to find out if a new version is available.

- check the file nospamtoday.log, if there is an unusual entry at about 0:00 a.m.

Post Edited (12-07-04 15:03)

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: NST 2.0.1.4 ???
Next Topic: Want to Relay for authenticate users
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 29 15:31:54 CEST 2016