Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Add-ons » McAfee Viruscan Enterprise
McAfee Viruscan Enterprise [message #208] Wed, 09 August 2006 22:40 Go to next message
lleachii
I was having issues with the virus filter working with McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i, this is how I fixed the problem:

for Virus Scan enterprise 8.0i I had to change the directory to the correct folder and filename (scan32.exe):

"c:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\scan32.exe"

I also had to I had to edit the command line parameters to their 8.0i equivalents:

%SCANNER% %IN% /ALL /ARCHIVE /MIME /NOMEM /NOBOOT /UINONE /LOG %ERR%

unzip=archive
report=log
silent=unione

There is no equivalent for the "analyze" parameter; and in my personal testing of these options on the command line, I could not determine that the "analyze" parameter functions with this version of VirusScan.

for more details, see the help topic "On-Demand Scanning Command-Line Options"
Re: McAfee Viruscan Enterprise [message #209 is a reply to message #208] Thu, 10 August 2006 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lleachii
I further checked the product guide PDF, both the command line scanner and on-demand scanner ran from the command line work, analyze does have a function in the command line scanner and the commands that are default in the NST:

%SCANNER% %IN% /ALL /UNZIP /ANALYSE /MIME /NOMEM /NOBOOT /SILENT /REPORT %ERR%

are operational for "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\Engine\scan.exe"
Re: McAfee Viruscan Enterprise [message #2924 is a reply to message #208] Mon, 14 April 2014 11:25 Go to previous message
ptwomey is currently offline  ptwomey
Did some work on this last week. Info here was helpful but incomplete.
we are in maintenance with McAfee so I grabbed the VirusScan Command Line Scanner for windows. I unzipped this to C:\Program Files (x86)\network associates\, but that is your own choice. So second windows in setup I entered:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\network associates\scan.exe"

on third tab command line paramaters are correct for the command line version for McAfee VS

%SCANNER% %IN% /ALL /UNZIP /ANALYSE /MIME /NOMEM /NOBOOT /SILENT /REPORT %ERR%

the only issue is this only uses the definitions included in the command line scanner and is therefore 4 years out of date.

I changed command line to the following:

%SCANNER% %IN% /DRIVER "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\Engine" /ALL /UNZIP /ANALYSE /MIME /NOMEM /NOBOOT /SILENT /REPORT %ERR%

/DRIVER tells command line scanner to use alternative definitions located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\Engine"

avvscan.dat, avvnames.dat, avvclean.dat are the files required and are kept up to date by the main McAfee VS app.

the test button should show the latest dats in the test log.
Previous Topic: External Filters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 06:55:46 CET 2016