Byteplant Forum

Home » CleanMail Support » CleanMail Feature Requests » Can we put the Attachment filter after the virus filter?
Can we put the Attachment filter after the virus filter? [message #181] Tue, 17 July 2007 19:07
James Wilkinson
Hi there.

I've been playing around with the virus filter and it seems to be working fine.

Except that if a message has a virus in it, I want it to be rejected. I don't want the empty hulk to be delivered to my recipients.

The attachment filter is preventing this (I've set it to block attachments, not reject/delete the whole message). If it strips the virus out of the message, then the virus filter won't find the virus (obviously) and the message is delivered.

If I could set the virus filter to run before the attachment filter, then this would work fine -- known viruses would be rejected, and other attachments would be removed but the rest of the e-mail would be forwarded.

But when I try to move the attachment filter later in the order, I'm told that this is disabled for performance reasons. I've got a reasonably powerful mail server, and don't care.

Am I likely to break anything if I re-order noSPAMtoday.cf myself? Could the "denied for performance reasons" boxes be changed into a dialog, so administrators can over-ride them?

Thanks,

James.

Re: Can we put the Attachment filter after the virus filter? [message #182 is a reply to message #181] Wed, 18 July 2007 15:25 Go to previous message
support
> Am I likely to break anything if I re-order noSPAMtoday.cf
> myself?

You can do this, but do so with care.

> Could the "denied for performance reasons" boxes be
> changed into a dialog, so administrators can over-ride them?

Thank you for this suggestion, we will think about it. The question is how many users will be using the anti virus and attachment filters in this way?

Customer Support
Byteplant GmbH
Previous Topic: DNSBL Filter IP Whitelist
Next Topic: Filterausnahmeliste und Whitelist ohne AV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 27 02:10:05 CEST 2016